Reports To: Journalist – Technical and Production Manager.
Work Pattern: Shift.
Summary of Role: GB News is Britain’s News Channel providing news, debate and opinion for all of the UK. The Technical Operator role is an essential position in the Master Control Room, ensuring the successful delivery of technical and operational components of live broadcast. This role requires a technological-minded individual with a strong interest for live broadcast and its technical delivery to ensure first line newsroom operations are conducted seamlessly and in line with production running orders. Reporting to the Journalist – Technical and Production Manager, the ideal candidate will possess a willingness above and beyond as a team player to positively contribute to the overall successful delivery of GB News.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure the seamless delivery of GB News channel as per technical and operational requirements.
- First line technical support, escalation and triage within a live broadcast environment. - Excellent client, guest and team engagement across various forms of communication mediums.
- Support the Technology and Operations management team in ensuring consistently high-quality broadcast management including but not limited to: assisting change control actions, conducting daily infrastructure checks, implementing new processes and undertaking maintenance work.
- Follow the incident reporting process to ensure accurate escalation and triage to senior stakeholders.
Role Specific Requirements
- A strong knowledge of broadcast quality control techniques.
- A good knowledge of automated broadcast platforms including but not limited to satellite, fibre and IP platforms.
- A strong sense of ownership and honesty when undertaking duties.
- Flexible and committed to working out of normal office hours and over weekends.
- Be career focused and able to learn new technical skills beneficial for the wider business.
- Work collaboratively with live editorial and production teams.
- Ensuring a calm, focused demeanour in high pressure situations with an ability to prioritise several tasks at once.
- Degree level education (or equivalent work experience) in a Technical/ Broadcast/ Engineering based subject.
- 1+ year experience working in an MCR environment.