We’re changing the face of news and debate in the UK – and you can be part of it.
GB News is a hugely ambitious new television and digital service.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to work closely with our senior leadership team.
Working alongside our Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Leadership team, you’ll be a disruptor and an innovator and you will have responsibility for supporting the team as they drive the implementation of our strategic and operational priorities. This will include proactive project management to assist the CEO and COO in all aspects of their roles, including but not limited to aligning the budget to the agreed strategic direction, building effective and consistent governance and reporting structures, managing effective rota allocations, building a positive “can do” corporate culture and helping ensure that overall the scale-up runs efficiently, profitably and effectively.
You will have proven experience in a similar role, preferably within a media or technology start-up.
- Support the CEO and COO in implementing board level decisions, strategic objectives, operational transformation projects and reporting priorities.
- Assist in aligning the budget to the agreed strategic direction.
- Project manage – to ensure projects and key objectives are managed appropriately and delivered on time and ensure collaboration and engagement from key stakeholders within the business.
- Help build and maintain a high-performance culture with effective governance and reporting procedures.
- Build efficiencies into the CEO and COO’s diaries by ensuring tasks and projects related to strategic business goals are planned, managed and delivered effectively.
- Improve the communication flow around board level decision making and processes, and implement strategies to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO, COO and the Leadership team on key strategic decisions.
- Provide brainstorming and analysis on key projects and critical decision areas to deliver successful solutions, and pull together multi-discipline, cross-newsroom project teams.
- Assist the COO and Financial Controller in the preparation of regular management information reports and board meeting materials.
- Run quarterly business updates and communicate to the newsroom.
- Create and update reporting dashboards to track changes in key metrics.
- Provide decision making support to the Senior Leadership team through data gathering, information analysis, and presenting considerations for review.
- Oversee and ensure that programme schedules are up to date.
- Assist in providing support for major event productions. (e.g. Elections)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in a busy start-up, a high-profile consultancy or a venture capital or private equity firm.
- Proven experience in a planning/analysis role, planning, organising and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, with experience of building and maintaining excellent working relationships and in dispute resolution.
- Extremely versatile multitasker, focussed on output and productivity.
- Experience planning and leading and communicating strategic initiatives.
- Experience in data analytics including but not limited to marketing funnel and audience make-up.
- Experience with budget management.
- Strong business acumen with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Happy to roll your sleeves up to get things done - fantastic at prioritising workload effectively to meet required deadlines.
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’ approach, who enjoys troubleshooting and solving complex challenges to which there is no easy answer.
- Able to think on your feet and offer solutions where needed, evaluating large sets of data and presenting the facts clearly in order to efficiently make key decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, business acumen and financial literacy, comfortable with interpreting financial models and understanding of the needs of a business that has private equity investors.
- A good understanding of the current (digital) media landscape and in particular the opportunities and risks it presents to challenger brands.