Do you want to be part of a small, talented and ambitious team that’s aiming to change the face of news in the UK? Well, GB News are looking for innovative and experienced News Producers, who are passionate about creating informative and engaging news programmes.
As News Producer, you’d be responsible for writing and producing accurate and creative news updates throughout the day. You must have strong editorial insight and an understanding of what makes excellent TV news.
- Write and produce news updates to run throughout our programming.
- Keeping across the best pictures and soundbites to ensure the news updates are fresh and current.
- Ensuring absolute impartiality and accuracy at all times.
- Building a news rundown using DiNa, our in-house system .
- Understanding of the news agenda and identifying the most important stories every hour.
- Responding efficiently to breaking news.
- Must have news production experience in the UK, ideally in TV.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well within a team.
- Strong time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and news experience.
- Good knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement.
- Understanding of restrictions around use of material.
- Ability to work flexibly across different show shifts - including some weekends.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Specific experience/interest in sports, business or politics would be welcomed.