Do you want to be part of a small, talented and ambitious team that’s aiming to change the face of news in the UK? Well, GB News are looking for innovative and experienced Assignments Producers, who are passionate about covering stories in a different way.
As Assignments Producer, you’d be responsible for looking ahead and planning coverage of stories. You would work with our team of video journalists, reporters and crews to ensure we are ahead of the game in reaching the audiences who really matter to us.
- Actively looking ahead at large events/stories and coming up with treatment ideas before implementing these from start to finish.
- Compiling daily planning emails to be sent to the entire company.
- Deploying video journalists, reporters and crews effectively.
- Helping to manage rotas for the above teams to ensure we always have appropriate cover.
- Responding to breaking news scenarios by redeploying teams where necessary.
- Working with teams to commission and produce long-form/exclusive packages.
- Must have an understanding of the newsgathering operation.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
- Must be adaptable with a hands on attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well within a team.
- Strong time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and news experience.
- Good knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement.
- Ability to work flexibly across different show shifts - including some weekends.
- Eligible to work in the UK.