Do you live and breathe politics? Are you familiar with Westminster with a full-to-bursting book of contacts? Are you keen to jump on board a small, talented and ambitious team that’s aiming to change the face of political news in the UK? Well, GB News are looking for an innovative producer dedicated to the channel’s new political shows, who is passionate about creating informative and engaging news programmes.
As producer you would be contributing to the building and producing of our daily political programmes. The role is ideal for you if you are looking to build on existing experience in TV News production.
- Assisting in building compelling political content for GB News programming
- Writing scripts, building graphics, selecting and editing video, soundbites and stills for the show
- Securing high-profile guests and contributors
- Writing script and building rundowns
- Building story, guest and reporter segments using DiNa, our in-house system
- Producing show graphics including straps and full frame graphics
- Researching, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling content
- Communicating with guests, anchors and operations staff
- Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and news experience
- Good knowledge of UK politics, news, and current affairs
- Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement
- Knowledge and experience of working in politics
- High standard of written English
- Eligible to work in the UK