Are you interested in economics and business journalism? Do you want to be part of a small, talented and ambitious team that is changing the face of broadcast news in the UK?
GB News is looking for a dynamic, innovative producer to help us create “On the Money” - a new daily economics and business show presented by our Economics and Business Editor, Liam Halligan.
This role is ideal for those looking to build on existing experience in broadcast news production, while gaining valuable specialist knowledge in economics and business journalism.
· Assisting in the generation of compelling content for “On the Money” – to be broadcast on GB News Monday-Friday lunchtimes, from our Paddington studios;
· Booking interesting and news-making guests and contributors;
· Writing scripts, selecting and editing video, soundbites and stills for the show;
· Creating story, guest and reporter segments using DiNa, our in-house news-editing system – for which full training will be provided;
· Producing show visuals including straps and full-frame graphics – again, training will be provided;
· Researching, planning and pursuing relevant content – with a strong focus on economics, business and consumer-focused stories;
· Communicating with senior producers, guests, anchors and operations staff.
· Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and news experience;
· Good general knowledge of news and current affairs;
· A demonstrable interest in economics and business – along with a strong desire to make such subjects relevant and intelligible to a broad audience;
· Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement;
· Ability to work flexibly – including some evenings and weekends;
· Very high standard of written English;
· Eligibility to work in the UK.
Britain boasts one of the largest and most dynamic economies in the world. As the business community and society more generally recovers from the Covid crisis and adapts to Brexit, the UK economy is going through a period of upheaval and flux.
Via our daily “On the Money” broadcast, and across our output more generally, GB News aims to provide detailed, compelling and news-making reportage that reflects the entire UK economy, in all its regional and commercial diversity, during this time of rapid development and change.
Come and join us!
Please send a CV and a 450-word statement on “How to cover economics and business on television” by 5.00pm on Monday 30th August 2021.