GB News is looking to fill the role of Assistant Director for its live and taped coverage; to execute the vision of Editorial Producers, while contributing technical expertise and creativity.
What you'll do:
- Working to and alongside the Studio Director you’ll be a key part of the show’s technical production crew
- Assist in the Technical Direction of live and taped shows or segments, as well as pre-production and post-production sessions from a production control room delivering high production value
- Directing live and taped shows as required
- Operate complex control room automation systems
- Monitor the technical aspects of all video sources — gain levels, chroma phase, synch timing, etc.
- Planning the technical aspects of a production, ensuring equipment is ready and technical checks are completed before production begins.
- Assisting with camera settings and robotic camera operation
- Assisting with equipment changes and modification.
- Responding to equipment failure, fixing problems or finding work-arounds.
- Review show rundowns prior to productions with the Studio Director and Production Tech team.
- Be able to operate a newsroom computer system – accessing and marking rundowns, scripts, and communicating changes or issues to production team
- Give time cues as required to Presenters & production team
- Report show outcome to Dir Show Report after every show
- Demonstrated basic understanding of job responsibilities and operations for all Production Control Room team members
- Partner with team members to effectively share techniques and skills to strengthen the skills of the team as a whole
- Will be required to sit in a chair from 2–6 hours at a time
- Will be required to wear a headset and listen to multiple audio sources during on-air show production
- Will be required to type on a keyboard for a period of 2 – 3 hours during pre-production and for 2-6 hours during the on-air show production
- Will be required to look at a computer monitor and other monitors for a period of 2 – 3 hours during pre-productions and for 2 - 6 hours during the on-air show or production
What you'll bring:
- This position requires a minimum of 2 years working in a broadcast television/video production environment.
- Technical knowledge of production video, audio, comms, and record/playback are required. Must have a thorough understanding of staging, basic facility operations, safety, and basic signal transmission
- Must have high level communication skills, as well as attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with a highly technical team in determining show and production performance
- Must have the ability to determine operational configurations of all studio technical systems and solving complex issues during production
- Must be available to work a variety of schedules based on production needs
- Will have a can-do flexible attitude