GB News is supercharging its political coverage with a revamped suite of shows and faces. We’re passionate about explaining how politics affects people from all angles, and punching above our weight in terms of scoops and news making interviews.
Following a highly successful political conference season, Budget and COP26 coverage, we are looking to expand our team with informed, engaged politics output and planning producers, to ensure we can keep ahead of the curve and bring in new, original stories.
- Help plan our political coverage for the days, weeks and months ahead
- Work with our presenters and the on-air team to book guests and shape our coverage
- Bring in new stories and angles which are overlooked by other parts of the media
- Shine a light on local stories which deserve wider coverage
- Work across our TV, radio and digital output
- Step in to output live shows where necessary
- Experience in political journalism and a phone book full of contacts
- An ability to see all sides of the story and report the facts
- A grasp of broadcast logistics or a willingness to learn
- Stacks of ideas for stories and coverage that speaks to our audience
- An understanding of Westminster and the nations and regions, but an ability to think outside the bubble
- A willingness to learn our output systems and step in to assist the on-air team on occasion
We are looking to hire as soon as possible, so early applications are likely to have a greater chance of success.