GB News is supercharging its political coverage with a revamped suite of shows and faces. We’re passionate about explaining how politics affects people from all angles, and punching above our weight in terms of scoops and newsmaking interviews.
Following a highly successful political conference season, Budget and COP26 coverage, we are looking to expand our team with a number of new Political Correspondents.
- Come up with ideas, chase leads, and be a factory of exclusive news lines
- Secure newsmaking scoops and interviews from across the political spectrum
- Work across our TV, radio and digital output
- Be confident enough to editorialise and act up where necessary
- Report political news from around the country as well as Westminster.
- A natural story getter with a proven track record of finding and reporting exclusives
- Demonstrable experience covering regional and/or national politics for either TV, radio, online or in print, and a willingness to learn reporting on other platforms
- A confident and polished broadcasting manner
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of UK politics at a UK-wide level, in Westminster, the nations and the regions
- An ability to work alone chasing stories, as well as with the wider team
- A willingness to travel and work varied hours.