GB News is supercharging its political coverage with a revamped suite of shows and faces. We’re passionate about explaining how politics affects people from all angles, and punching above our weight in terms of scoops and newsmaking interviews.
Following a highly successful political conference season, Budget and COP26 coverage, we are looking to expand our team with a new Scotland Political Correspondent.
- Bring political developments in Scotland to life for our viewers through a variety of treatments
- Secure newsmaking scoops and interviews across the political spectrum
- Work across our TV, radio and digital output
- Be the face of GB News in Scotland and serve as the key point of contact for the Scottish Government and political parties
- Occasionally be required to cover politics from other parts of the UK including Westminster
- Demonstrable experience covering Scottish politics on TV, radio, in print or online, and a willingness to learn reporting on other platforms
- A confident and polished broadcasting manner
- A deep understanding of the key Scottish issues, debates and characters affecting both within the country and the wider UK
- Buzzing with ideas for stories, angles and interviews
- A willingness to get out and about to different parts of the country, work antisocial hours, and contribute positively to the wider team.