GB News is looking for a tenacious journalist who is keen to find stories that matter to GB News viewers.
Based in Yorkshire, you’ll be joining our team of reporters spread across the nation, who bring local stories to a national audience.
Working largely independently, with support from the Newsdesk in London, you will report, film and edit stories for use across all GB News platforms.
You'll be comfortable reacting to on-the-day news or planning for stories days or weeks in advance - to cover the issues that impact people in Yorkshire.
You should have previous onscreen experience, be able to shoot & edit and understand the news cycle.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!
- Finding exclusive stories in Yorkshire that matter and presenting them to a national audience
- Taking national stories and making them local – through finding case studies and regional examples to bring the stories out of London.
- Broadcast live from across your patch into a variety of programmes throughout the day.
- Film and edit creative packages for use on television and on digital platforms.
- Be our eyes and ears on the ground, feeding information to the hub in Paddington.
- 3 year’s experience of working in a newsroom backed up by a relevant qualification.
- Good knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Experience self-shooting and editing with traditional editing platforms.
- Understanding of Ofcom guidelines and excellent editorial judgement.
- Ability to work flexibly across different shows and shifts – including some weekends.
- High standard of written English.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Based in Yorkshire.