The researcher is a key part of our team, writing detailed and factual briefs for stories and debates, as well as making sure guests are prepared for broadcast.
- Generating story and debate ideas along with guest pitches.
- Gathering, fact checking and presenting relevant accurate and concise information, fact and figures.
- Writing and editing briefing notes for presenters and contributors.
- Briefing programme presenters and contributors.
- Checking scripts for accuracy.
- Conducting pre-interviews of contributors as needed.
The Ideal candidate:
- A sound understanding of the British media and news agenda.
- Previous relevant/transferable experience contributing to research and fact checking information.
- Diligent and resourceful in establishing and checking details to present balanced facts and detail.
- Confident and credible in dealing with subject matter experts and high-profile individuals.
- Understanding of media law and Ofcom.
- Experience in publications or think tanks desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in a newsroom desirable but not necessary.