GB News is looking for a Junior Studio Director to join our team.
What you'll do:
• Help lead the show’s technical production crew.
• Direct live shows in an automated environment. You will be able to evaluate, adapt and communicate any changes within a live programme. An understanding of Mosart would be an advantage.
• You will have a good knowledge of multi-camera directing and a broad knowledge of lighting, sound and graphics.
• Review show rundowns prior to productions with Executive Producers, Producers, and Production team, communicating rundown changes, show needs, and script.
• Block studio camera shots to meet the demands of the show, demonstrating a creative approach and understanding of how a programme looks and cuts together.
• Be able to operate a newsroom computer system – accessing and marking rundowns, scripts, and communicating changes to the production team.
• Provide pre and post-show performance feedback and critiques as needed.
• Work effectively with team members to share techniques and skills to strengthen the team as a whole.
• Develop ideas for programmes. Looking at creative ways of improving all our productions.
What you'll bring:
• Must have high level communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a highly technical team in determining show and production performance.
• Be able to determine operational configurations of all studio technical systems and solving complex issues during production.
• Must be available to work a variety of schedules based on production needs.
• You will have a passion for Television production and an understanding of the GB News brand.