Multi Skilled Operator
Who we are
GB News is Britain’s News Channel providing news, debate, and opinion for all the UK. We are an innovative team who look for driven, professional candidates with integrity who want to be a part of an exciting growing news media company.
Who you are
GB News is looking for an energetic and eager individual to join the operations team. As an MSO (Multi Skilled Operator) you will work across a range of roles from the studio floor, gallery, master control, location camera, graphics and more. From breaking-news to fast paced interviews to outside broadcasts an MSO at GB News loves a challenge. You will work with a talented team of producers, on-air talent, and technicians to output compelling live content and a learn a range of roles.
This position is an excellent launching point to further your media career with opportunities to move into roles in the operations, technical, editorial, and creative department at GB News
If you’re new to broadcast, just starting your career or want to move into media this is the role for you.
Summary of Role
• Learn and work across a variety of roles including, studio assistant, gallery directing, master control, edit, graphics, news camera and more.
• You will have a basic knowledge of video or studio production
• Thrive in a vibrant live studio environment, proactively solving problems, communicating with talent, producers, and other teams.
• Work effectively with team members to strengthen techniques, skills and contribute to ensuring the excellence of channel output and the team as a whole.
• Opportunity to work on outside broadcasts and other out of studio productions
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and thrive in a high paced live environment.
• Television production studio or practical experience at college / higher education facility would be highly regarded but not necessary
• Must have high level communication skills, as well as attention to detail
• Knowledge and competence in the operation of production video, audio, intercom, cameras, and record/playback is desirable
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve in time critical situations
• Must be available to work a variety of schedules based on production needs
• A strong sense of ownership and honesty when undertaking duties
- GB News
Multi Skilled Operator
Loading application form